Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tour and Adler

I have been busy.  Chicago is a big city and I figured that the best way to see as much as possible was to take a bus tour around the city.  So about Sunday lunch time I got on a bus driven by Leon for a four hour tour of the Windy City.

We started off heading south.  We saw lots of magnificent buildings etc.  I wish I could tell you more about it, but the guide talked so much I couldn't take it all in.  We saw the home base ball stadium of the White Sox, the university of Chicago, Barrack Obamas home and all the museums.

We had a short break before we headed north where we saw much more of the city, Harpo studios, the home baseball ground of the Cubs and Lincoln Park.  We then had a quick stop at the Chicago conservatory before we headed home.  The tour was ok, but if I didn't get it free with the Go Chicago card I would have felt that the $40 cover excessive.  I didn't think it was that good.

That night I was invited out again by Abby, to her house  for dinner and to watch the Oscars.  Again I overwhelmed by the generosity and warmth of the people here.  It is not easy coming to a new town all by yourself, but when people are so willing to let you into their house it is so much easier.

The next day I had a wonderful outing when I indulged myself into one of my hobbies and took myself off to the Adler Planetarium.  It was great.  I saw a very fun and creative show on deep space, a 3D movie on the Sun, exhibits on Apollo, telescopes, astronomical observations through history, living in space the solar system and many more.  Although it was great to see all these exhibits and take my time enjoying them I couldn't help thinking how much my son would love to see this stuff.  If I get to bring them back for my sixth month evaluation we will definitely pay this place a visit.

Well tonight is a stay home night while I charge my stimulator.  It will give me a chance to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow.  Until then, stay well:)

1 comment:

  1. I would recommend the gospel brunch at the house of blues. Every Sunday. Great food and great gospel entertainment.

    ReplyDelete