Sunday, February 19, 2012

In Transit

Well I'm currently sitting in a lounge at LAX terminal three, waiting for my connection to Chicago.  It is a perfect day here in LA, and according to the weather forecast it is a balmy 39 degrees Fahrenheit in Chicago.  But I do like their optimism.  According to the TV here it is not partly cloudy, but partly sunny. It is certainly a glass half full mentality.

So far my trip has been a breeze.  Virgin Australia was fantastic.  The only thing I could mark them down on was the checkin.  Apart from that, the seats were comfortable, the service was excellent, the entertainment was outstanding and the food was delicious.  Hopefully the leg to Chicago will be equally as impressive.

So far, all of my fears have been unfounded.   Travelling is a skill that is not quickly forgotten and I have made it this far without fuss or delay.  If you ask me how I'm feeling right now I would have to say I am quite relaxed but very tired.  Currently it is 5am back home in Melbourne and I have never been one to handle jet lag well.

This is also going to be a really long day.  I got on the plane in Melbourne at 12.30pm on the 18th of February and after 14 hours of flying I got off at 7.00am on the 18th February.  I think there is a good chance I will sleep all the way to Chicago where I will check in with you all again.  Stay well:)

4 comments:

  1. Drink lots of water!! Just like when on meds!
    Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip! Looking forward to reading about your stay and treatments there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything continues to go smoothly for you. Keep us posted. Please let your family know we are thinking about them also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you and your family in our thoughts mate.
    Hope you can keep us up to date with how you are as days go by.

    ReplyDelete