Monday, February 13, 2012

Meet Kylie

I think my story is compelling.  Personally, I don't want your sympathy.  What I would like is understanding and awareness of all sick people.  And why do I not want your sympathy?  Because medical issues aside, I have a pretty good life.  Fine friends, a wonderful family and many other things in my life that I can enjoy.

Now one of the lessons that I try to teach people is when you are sick you need to worry about yourself, and just because there are people worse off than yourself does not mean you forfeit the right to feel sorry for yourself and try all you can to get yourself better.  You do.  Everyone has the right to achieve the best health they possibly can.

But we cannot forget about all the other sick people.  We are stronger when we all help each other, and my heart goes out to anyone who has to battle medical conditions whatever they are.  For example, meet Kylie.  This beautiful girl has been through more in her few short years than most people go through in a life time.  The amazing thing is if you look at her profile picture she still has a smile on her face.  And to think of the stress it would put her parents under too.

The other hard thing in Kylie's case is she is still undiagnosed.  How can you effectively treat something when you don't know what it is and another reason why you need to go and like the Global Genes Project facebook page.  Until next time, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment