Friday, February 10, 2012

Last doctor appointment

Well today I saw my new neurologist today and it was quite a welcome visit.  After seeing the last one and not getting the answers I was after this really felt like a breath of fresh air. As it was the first time I'd seen him he did give me the full work down.  I had to give him a full medical history and then it was onto the bed for a full medical exam.  Strength tests reflexes etc...

After it was all over we then got into the nitty gritty of whether or not I would qualify for the stem cell transplant.  We started by talking about what was involved with the stem cell treatment.  I fairly sure that he wanted to get an idea of how well informed I was about the whole procedure.  I think he was fairly impressed with my knowledge of the subject because we didn't talk about it for long.

He then wanted to question me about what I was getting myself into, and whether I understood what was involved.  I am no stranger to major medical procedures, so this one was not much of a problem for me either.  You might ask whether I was a little annoyed by his lines of questioning?  No.  I was a new patient who he had never met before.  He need to be thorough and he was.  I would have been more concerned if he wasn't.  However, after a relationship has been forged and we understand each other a little better, one can expect a little more brevity.

So what did he tell me at the end?  He thought I would comfortably qualify for the SCT.  Unfortunately a little late  to help me with all the tests I needed to do, but it was still very reassuring to know he thinks I would be accepted.  Until next time, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment