Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A new blogger

Normally I only refer to another blog if the subject matter written within one of their posts is something that I would like to make comment on or I feel deserves further discussion.  This blog is different because I don't feel like I need to make comment on it at the moment, but I do feel that I do need to give this blog a plug.

Why, because I am drawn to it as the author and myself share the same disease and I am yet to find another person that is writing about it.  That disease is cystinuria.  Although I would never wish the disease on anyone else, it is nice to read the story of another cystinuric.  It gives you a feeling of community to realise that you are not the only poor sod that has this disease.

I know that everyone has their demons to face but cystinuria can make you feel very alone as can any rare disease.  To know you are not alone is quite warm and comforting.  In my whole life I have never met anyone with either of the same rare diseases that I have with the exception of my brother who also has cystinuria and that is because of the whole genetic thing.

So happy blogging Simon, I for one will enjoy reading whatever ramblings spill from your mind onto your keyboard.  I will also take this opportunity to tell you that my daughter loved your bunny video but she did say you sounded like the Fat Controller off Thomas the Tank Engine.  Until next time, stay well:)

Oh yeah, his blog is called "My Life, My Health and My Loves".

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I laughed at being called the Fat Controller. So so funny. Especially as I have the figure for him too lol.
    Thank you for plugging my Blog.
    Will be following you (on here, not as a stalker) as you go for your treatment.
    Good luck and good health to you. We'll be thinking of you

    ReplyDelete