Monday, February 13, 2012

5 days to go.

I feel like the next month or two will be full of countdowns.  At the moment I am counting down to my departure for Chicago.  (In case you didn't realise it is now just five days.)  Once I get to Chicago I will then be counting down to mobilisation, then harvesting and finally, transplantation.

Funnily enough, I am normally not that big on countdowns.  Some people countdown to everything.  Going on holidays, a special event or the start of the footy season.  My kids love to countdown the days to Christmas or their birthday.  For me, normally the day comes when it comes but this is different.  I don't know whether it is the nerves, the anticipation, the worry or the excitement but I am counting this one down.  I have been counting it down for the last month.

The other thing that I have done that is a little different is I have already started packing.  Normally packing for me is strictly a night before affair.  Sometimes even the day of but this time the packing started over a week ago.  However, saying that I am certainly not organised.  In the bathroom I have a miscellaneous pile of toiletries and medications awaiting sorting, in the bedroom is a random assortment of accessories I need to take with me and in the study I have all my medical documents, test results and x-rays that need packing.

But at least I am getting ready and that is something that will be pleasing my super organised wife who would normally be screaming at me by now to pull my finger out.  Well that is almost it for today.  I have so much to do and right now all I can think about is all the stuff I have queuing up to write about in my blog.  I think it will have to wait for a while though as for the next month or two I will be chronicling my experiences in Chicago.

Also, in case you didn't know, world rare disease day is on February 29th.  In order to support this day and the 350 million people world wide please visit their facebook page and like it.  We are after 1 million likes.  I have also featured in their stories of hope and inspiration which you can read here.  Until next time, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment