Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I don't get it

Here in the USA they love to advertise prescription pharmaceuticals.  I don't have a problem with that, I just don't get it.  Now I have to admit the ads are pretty lame, showing off a person who now has an amazing return to brilliant health due to this wonder drug.  What I don't get if that to avoid a law suit they have to go through all the side effects.  About two thirds of the ad is taken up saying how the drug could kill you, cripple you or turn you suicidal.  There has to be a better way to market a product.  An example is below.  Stay well:)


3 comments:

  1. WARNING: This sleeping tablet may cause drowsiness...

    Litigation culture. I should've been a lawyer.

    Keep smiling,

    Hoops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked for 22 years for a drug company. It always amazed me to read the CONTRAINDICATIONS part of the information packed with the medicine. What I see so often where I work(low income seniors). As an example a little old lady will have a sore shoulder. She gets a pill for that. Then her stomach is bothered by the pill. So the doc gives them a med to make the stomach feel better but it causes constipation. So the doc gives them a med to help with the constipation. Now they have diarrhea. So they get a med for that. Then they are now dizzy(a side effect from one or the combo of drugs. So they get a med to help with the dizziness. Now the lady with the sore shoulder is taking a dozen meds. She cannot think cannot drive cannot eat............

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very good point. It is a huge cycle and sometimes the best treatment maybe to stop all meds? Maybe less is more.

    ReplyDelete