Friday, February 17, 2012

Cabrini rocks!

Touch wood, all being well, today was my last trip to the day oncology department at Cabrini hospital for IVIG.  Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa!!!!!!  Anyone that has IVIG treatment will be happy to tell you that it sucks quite frankly.  And although I will need one more treatment once I am in Chicago, it is an end to my monthly routine, hopefully for ever.

Now don't get me wrong, if I ever have to go back to day oncology at Cabrini it will be too soon, but if you ever do need to go to an oncology department, I couldn't recommend Cabrini enough.  The place is warm and comfortable and all the staff are fantastic.  I would try to mention them all by name but I will invariably forget someone.  But if any of you read this, thank you for the excellent care.

Looking forward, ironically it is not the treatment on my mind at the moment.  That will come later.  What is on my mind is navigating the LAX zoo and o'Hare airport in Chicago which is completely ridiculolus.  I have travelled to many places in my time, a lot of them by myself but for some reason I feel like a little boy taking the school bus for the first time.  Go figure.

Well next time I post I will be in Chicago.  Will tell you all about it then.  Stay well:)

2 comments:

  1. Andy, have you requested wheelchair assistance? Not only do you not have to traipse all over the airport trying to find your way, you will not tire yourself out doing so. I always get wheelchair assistance and you can just sit back, relax and get there without worry. No extra cost, except a tip to the driver, well worth every penny! Don't forget to mask!
    Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew, Don't worry your confidence will return when it has to in the airports. We are all thinking of you and are quite sure your trip over there is going to be a huge success. Naturally we are hoping for 100% success for you and also will be very interested to hear all the info you bring back. A member of our familly hopefully may benefit from stem cell therapy in the future. Best of luck and lots of love, Ant, Helen, Richard and Penny. xx

    ReplyDelete