Sunday, February 12, 2012

My going away

Last night I had a little shin dig with some friends at a pub close to my place of residence.  It was really nice to see so many people there who had come out to wish me well and tell me that they were hoping that my treatment works for me.  I was really quite touched by it all.

I'll also take the opportunity to thank all the people who couldn't come but have sent me messages apologising for the absence and also wishing me the best.  One friend in America said they plugged the address of last nights venue into google maps and it said it would take 52 days to get here. Lol.  I think that the Pacific might host a small problem for most motor vehicles.

It also added a degree of finality to it all.  I will not see most of these people for the best part of six months as I will keep myself very secluded upon my return due to my suppressed immune system.  I now leave in a meagre six days and each day that passes things seem a little more imminent.  Nerves, worry and excitement are all poured in together.  In one respect I am really looking forward to it and on another I am dreading it.

I just keep telling myself I am not doing this because it is easy, I am doing it because it is worth it.

Thank you to all the people who came last night.  It was great to see you all and I hope you had a lovely time.  Until next time, stay well:)

2 comments:

  1. have a safe journey, stay well, don't catch any bugs! I'll see you in a month! God bless.
    Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete