Sunday, April 29, 2012

Second Day Back

I still felt fairly ordinary.  The lethargy was overwhelming.  I rose late, and after my shower I had to lie down on the bed for half an hour before I finally made it to the couch for yet another rest.  It was a tough day.  I was still flirting with a low grade fever and was fighting mild nausea, so breakfast simply consisted of salads and cream cheese and a little fruit juice.

To make matters worse my wife insisted that I do a little exercise and have a short walk which I resisted but I was eventually foiled when the doctors surgery called to say that I was one vile short on yesterdays blood test.  So off we went back to the surgery and for good measure and to make sure I got my short walk my wife parked about 100 meters away.  So by the time I had got my blood taken I had walked 200 meters and I was shattered.

When we got home I took my temperature which was flirting with that magic 38C mark at 37.5C.  Up until today I had been controlling the occasional nausea with zofran.  But this time I had not and when I got home I vomited.  In all honesty it was probably a good thing.  Vomiting is the bodies way of expelling something that is unwanted and after the event I felt much better and my fever came down.

I was however completely spent, so I slept most of the day and the following night.  Since then I have felt much better and now I'm probably back to the stage I was the day before I left Chicago.  Until next time, stay well:)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for continuing to share your experience, even as you feel so rotten. May it continue to get better and better from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Amy says, thankyou so much for feeding back to us 'the good, the bad and the ugly'- paints a picture of your reality.
    hope your having a day of further improve,
    Sammi :)

    ReplyDelete