Friday, April 13, 2012

Day +1

I really wanted to write these posts on the day of the day I actually passed through them.  I am a day behind, but I am OK with that.  I think that to be anywhere else would be unrealistic.

So how am I feeling?  I feel better than yesterday and hopefully that will be a trend that will continue as I progress.  The biggest problem however is the dribbling.  Saliva keeps running to my mouth and if I do not expel it will make me feel sick.  But being in hospital is not the time to worry about manners and etiquette, so my  best friend has been a delightful yellow bucket that I can use to contain any unwanted discharges.

But even though I still feel pretty ordinary I am actually exactly where I want to be.  When you go into something like this you don't expect to just feel good the very next day.  I expected the slow deterioration through the chemotherapy and so far the recovery from that has been pretty much what I could have imagined.

Saying that, I am currently neutropenic, basically meaning I don't have an immune system so there is plenty of potential for things to go wrong.  Hopefully they won't.  They are giving me plenty of antibiotics, so for now, it is just sit back relax and recover.  Until tomorrow, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment