Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day +4

So, it has now been four days since my transplant and six days since my last bout of chemotherapy and if I am to be honest I have to say I still feel like crap.

But 'crap' is such a wee fickle and relative word.  Compared to four days ago, I feel amazing.  However, I am still a long way from normal.  It is still a struggle to walk one lap of the ward and summoning up the strength to have a morning shower feels like mustering up the power to run a marathon.

But I don't want to whinge.  Now I am through the other side and fingers crossed, it will all be onwards and upwards from here.  But I did have a slight hiccup today.  It was strange because as I said before I felt fine (relatively) so I was surprised when my temperature came in at 100.4F.  That was considered a low grade fever.

Interestingly enough, I normally feel like I know when a fever is coming on, but here I was genuinely surprised.  Anyway, they gave me an extra shot of antibiotics and everything is back to where it should be.  The other thing I noticed was that I have developed a rash on my trunk and back.  Since it doesn't itch or hurt and looks like clearing up, the doctors are not too worried.

Well, tomorrow I hope that I can go back to giving you lots of boring news and I'll be feeling better still.  Until next time, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment