Monday, April 16, 2012

Day +5

On day four I made the conscious decision that I should, where possible, cut down on the drugs they are giving me.  In nearly every recovery there is a time where you no longer need them and I personally would rather not take than take them.

So I decided that the anti nausea should cease.  And I stopped taking them for most of the morning of day +4.  However, when I woke up this morning the nausea ha returned with a vengeance.  Not that it was a big problem, one dose of Zofran and back on the marinol I was fine.  I don't want to stay on the drugs much longer, but if they are still necessary.

Well they tell me that your counts stay down until between days +8 and +12, so I feel like I am about half way there.  If I could get out on day 8 that would be awesome, but realistically I think it will be around day 10.

On another note a dermatologist came round to view my rash and biopsy a part of it.  They say that they will want me to put cream on it all the time, and I feel as though with it  still not itching or painful and looking as though it is clearing up I was more for just leaving it.  But with the biopsy already done I guess I will get an answer.

Until next time stay well:)

Ps.  I would like to extend my warmest wishes to Bob, who is having his PICC line placed tomorrow and Wendy who is having a small procedure with the cardiologist.  Here's hoping it will not be a bigger procedure and will delay her from the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment