Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day +6

When I was at uni at Newcastle I once caught the bus from the university to the city centre.  It was pretty much your standard bus trip with one exception.  A group of about six surfers who were on their way check out how filth the surf at the city beaches were had also boarded the bus.  And they sang a song.  It went:-

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves.
I know a song that'll get on your nerves all day long.

Second verse same as the first.


I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves.
I know a song that'll get on your nerves all day long.  
....................................

I guess you get the idea.  But although I did not admire their musical talent, you had to admire their tenacity.  They kept it up for the whole trip.  All 36 minuets of it.  By the time I had arrived at my destination I was screaming for the ordeal to be over, and that is sort of how I feel now.  I am screaming to get out of here.  I just want to walk outside, sleep in a bed not made of plastic and just be surrounded by familiarity.

Well four days to go (hopefully) and then they should let me go provided my counts are ok.  Speaking of which my white cells are still TLTC, but my red cells and platelets although still dropping seem to be doing so slower.  Hopefully they will stabilise and start to return to normal before they have to give me a transfusion but apparently that is quite rare so they will do what they have to.

Well, that's it from me today.  Stay well:)


No comments:

Post a Comment