Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good news!

Well my counts are still really low, BUT, my haemoglobin has risen from 8.1 to 8.2 and my platelet count is up from from 42 to 49.  Still a long way off the minimum normal of 140, but they only give pack cells if your count is below 20, so chances are I've definitely avoided a pack cells transfusion and hopefully I'll avoid a normal blood transfusion.

It looks like my body is slowly waking up from the blood cell producing coma that was induced by the chemo.  However, my haemoglobin is still just teetering above the transfusion rate.  So far I'm ok but I won't be out the woods here until my count has made a significant increase.

But the best news is the stirring in my WBC.  Now it is fairly innocuous, but my WBC is no longer  <0.1 or TLTC, but actually registered at 0.1!  Hopefully this is the sign of something more and by tomorrow my count will be at going home levels.  Until next time, stay well:)

4 comments:

  1. Sending best wishes for your counts to rise!! Good Luck, Andrew.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look for it to be good by day +10 to day +12!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad they are heading in the right direction. How do you feel? Mary B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great positive news love pete and trudy

    ReplyDelete