Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Top Ten

Reading through some other peoples blogs I noticed that a popular thing to do at this time of year is to list your top ten favourite posts.  Although I do enjoy originality, some times it is just fun to follow suit.  So here goes:-

10. A Big Shout Out to All the Mums and Dads
Made it in at number ten because it really tugged on my heart strings as I wrote it and still does when I read it.

9. To Immunise, or not to Immunise?
I really hope this got people thinking and making an informed decision.  Also the more I research, the more of an opinion I develop.  I will share it with you in 2012.  Stay tuned folks.

8. Cure for HIV?
One of the better research pieces I think I've done.

7. I Feel Like I'm in Purgatory
I like this post because it really helped me explore how I felt and allowed me to process my emotions.  I think it also drew a line in the sand between where I feel patient responsibility and doctor responsibility lies.

6. The Stem Cell Debate
Never have I written a post that has inspired such passionate debate.  I am still an advocate of embryonic stem cell research.  I will talk more about it in the new year.


If every lawyer in the world suddenly dropped dead, would we be worse off?  I think not.  Patient treatment decisions should be decided by an honest and open discussion between patient and doctor.  NOT lawyers.


4. Time to Stick it to The Man!
This was probably the most defining point in my year.  When I decided enough was enough and it was time to enrol in the SCT program at North Western.


I believe that this technique has the potential to stop a lot of people from suffering.  It worked for me, I hope it does the same for others.


2. Global Genes Project
There are so many people suffering from rare diseases.  Singularly, most of them struggle to be heard in  world of many disorders.  Together, they have a very loud voice.  A great cause.


If you only learn one thing from reading my blog, make sure that this is it.  Healthy or sick you'll be better off for practising it.

Well, that is my top ten as voted by me.  Would love to know if you agree, disagree, think I've missed a good one etc...  Until next time, stay well:)

2 comments:

  1. I don't get your #1, doesn't make sense to me.
    Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My number one rule is to take charge of your own health care. Understand your diagnosis and agree with it. Understand your treatment options, their pros and cons, and make an informed decision as to your way forward. If a medical professional makes a mistake, you pay the price. If you are in control, far less can go wrong. It is the one message I really want to hit home to my readers, so I made it my number one. I learnt this lesson the hard way. See http://shakesandstones.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-biggest-mistake.html Cheers A:)

    ReplyDelete