Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hero!

This guy is a dead set legend!  I preach about taking control of your health care and being responsible for it, and I like to think I practice what I preach.  But this bloke puts me to shame.

His name is Kenneth S. Spriggs, and his life has been tainted with Eczema, Asthma, Crohn's disease and depression.  But it is what he has done that is quite impressive.  He has taken his entire history, and mapped out all the drugs he has taken over the years.  The chart he created is illustrated below:


The data he collected came from nearly 20 sources and was over 600 pages.  What is most important is the trends he managed to learn from this and take to his doctors which would enable a more effective treatment plan moving forward.

I have to say that I don't think I would have the patients to scour through my medical history to display a graph quite like this one, but it has got me thinking that I should collate some of my data and display it in a graphical form so that I might learn something from it.  I would encourage you to look at his blog too.  http://diyehr.com/

Until next time, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment