Friday, December 2, 2011

Depression - A personal note

Looking back through my blog I noticed I had left a couple of topics incomplete.  One of which is depression.  You may have thought I finished the topic, but I wanted to do one more thing and give you a personal reflection.

I have found this topic hugely confronting.  From the outside, I may look like a fairly open person, but emotionally I have up until recently been a closed book.  But I made myself a promise that when I wrote this I would be brutally honest with the way I felt.

I took me over a year to suck up the courage to write on the topic of depression, because I knew that if I was going to keep my promise to myself it would be akin to me opening Pandoras' Box.  And although it might not look like much to others I have done something that I never thought I'd do, or be able to do.

But I have, and although it has been difficult (really difficult), it has been an absolutely worth it.  Shakesandstones has given me an outlet to release some of my emotions and potentially help others in the process.  It has allowed my to have purpose and fulfilment, and I have really enjoyed writing it.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed reading.  I will continue to write so until then, stay well:)

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing to get it out, as they say. So I say GOOD FOR YOU, Andy. Be heard and cleanse the nasty stuff out! God bless.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete