Thursday, December 15, 2011

Letter to Julia

I am not a fan of Julia Gillard.  I think she turned her back on her principles and broke a bunch of election promises just to form government and become prime minister.

However, I did think she might make some really great improvements to the health system.  Unfortunately, as a person who is heavily entrenched in the Australian health system as a patient I can make this comment on what has changed.  Nothing.

I got my back up again this week when I went to purchase my Urocit K to slow the production of my kidney stones.  It is the best drug I have taken for my stones bar none.  Yet it is not covered by the PBS.  Why, I have no idea.  It should be, and is just one of the long list of things she has not done.

Ironically, I could get drugs like thiola or penicillamine covered that are toxic and dangerous, but the most effective drug I have ever taken that is not dangerous is not covered.  I will put this frustration into a letter for the PM when I have done more research.  I will keep you posted.  Until then, stay well:)

Last letter I wrote to Julia

2 comments:

  1. It's all about who puts the most money in who's pocket. IMHO.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete