Sunday, April 18, 2010

The list

Wow, I just read through my last few posts and they have been quite heavy, so I thought I should lighten the mood a little. A few days ago my wife asked me what I wanted to do after my surgery and my tremor had subsided. Shock horror to me I had no idea! I had been so wrapped up with the actual procedure I had forgotten to think about the after! So I thought it is high time I formalised a bucket list of both short and long term things to do. So here is just the start, I'm sure I'll add to it over time:-

Short term
  1. Make myself a cup of tea.
  2. Make a toast with a full drink and one handed.
  3. Eat with chop sticks.
  4. Write something. Anything!
  5. Wear buttoned shirts again.
  6. Collect all 120 power stars on Super Mario Galaxy for Nintendo Wii. (Yes, I am a long time gamer addict)
  7. Finish Zelda - Twilight Princess.
  8. Beat my brother at NHLPA hockey for the Sega Mega Drive (Like I said, long time gamer)
  9. Improve my putting in golf.
  10. Shuffle the playing cards.
Long term
  1. Go back to the Grand Canyon and ride the rapids down the Colorado river.
  2. Travel round Australia in a camper van.
  3. See the Pyramids.
  4. Visit the Great Wall of China.
  5. Do a hot lap in a Ferrari.
  6. Learn to fly a plane.
  7. Go into space.
  8. Have 1000 people following this blog (only 998 to go!)
  9. Go five years without surgery.
  10. Still be happily married in 25 years time.
Well that's ten for the long and ten for the short. As I think of more I'll make a note and update the list in another post. Next time I will talk about my personal feelings about the surgery. With less than three weeks to go I am starting to feel the nerves. Until next time, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment