Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Karma doesn't like me :(

So in the last couple of posts I have been saying how things can be surprisingly easy when you only have one thing to worry about, and I have to say that mentally, I feel as prepared as I possibly could be for my surgery, and this still remains, except for one unexpected stressful situation that reared its ugly head this afternoon. Yes, I had to have a car accident.

Now I might sound like I'm whinging here (and I probably am) but the accident was not my fault, but unless I prove otherwise, I still get the blame. Anyway, the details are irrelevant for this blog, what is important is how I cope with it two days out from surgery. Time is not on my side, and I have to work through it quickly. All insurance details have been taken care of, and seeing as I can't drive for a month from tomorrow my wife will have to take care of the repairs. This means that the only problems left were all in my head.

So how did I feel? At the time I felt suddenly angry, but this dissipated quickly and I was left with annoyance. After I got home and had time to have a vent and a grumble to my wife I just felt stressed and worried. Still these are not good emotions to take into surgery and needed to be dealt with. So I talked it through with my wife. The rational steps to the conversation went something like this:-

  1. Nobody was hurt.
  2. We all did the right things post accident.
  3. Insurance company was notified.
  4. There is nothing more for me to do.
  5. It is just a car.
And she is right, after that I felt better. Right now I am simply looking forward to dinner with friends. I think I am over my little mishap this afternoon. Until next time, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment