Friday, April 30, 2010

Last Post

Well, it's midnight and I'm in hospital awaiting my early morning start. I can't sleep so the nurse has given me a mild sedative and hopefully I can finish this before it kicks in. I am officially nil by mouth, but the fantastic steak dinner I had last night will see me through.

I have tried to keep my mind off things today, keeping myself busy. I did the school drop off, then went and watched my wife play netball. After which we did a little grocery shopping, then watched a movie. FYI, 2012 is not worth the 2.5 hours it takes to watch. By that stage is was time to get the kids then on to the hospital. It was great to have the whole family with me for the trip, and I think it was good for them to come and see me at the hospital so they can familiarise themselves with it. I sensed they felt much more comfortable since, as the fear of the unknown is a powerful factor in a child's emotions.

So I spent the evening at the hospital which I don't quite understand. They haven't done anything that couldn't wait until morning, and I would much prefer to be at home, but hey, here we are. I guess as it is a long procedure and an early start, the doctor likes to have all his ducks lined up in a neat little row, and waiting for a patient to turn up is not ideal.

Anyway, the sedative has started to kick in, so time for me to go to bed. Next time I blog it will be done and I will be able to let you know how successful it was. Until then, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment