Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Last Weekend Before Surgery

First, I must apologise. A couple of posts ago, I said I was done with my medical obligations until the day of my surgery. Oops. Friday I was back in the hospital for my routine intragam treatment (that I confess I forgot about completely) and I also have to see my GP as my surgeon informed me last week that my referral had run out. It was kind of opportunistic anyway as I can get him to update my drug regiment chart and medical history report. This makes life easier as when I am filling out those damn forms I can just write see attached in the relevant sections and attach a copy to the back.

Anyway, I promise that barring any unforeseen circumstances I will have then had my last medical obligations. So where am I know? I have officially finished up at work, and here in Australia we are currently in the middle of a long weekend for ANZAC Day. The extra time is great, and although there are many positives, there are also negatives. I have almost eliminated all stressful elements from my life now, which is great, but we still have that one massive commitment to deal with. Yes, my surgery. So I have really busied myself playing with the family, having fun with friends and working on this blog. It is a wonderful distraction too. However, when I stop, my mind always drifts back to the surgery. However, being just one stress to focus on it does feel easier. Right now I feel as though I have boarded up the windows, reinforced the structure to my house, and now I am just sitting on the porch waiting for the hurricane to hit.

I know I am prepared, it is a question of simply filling in the time between now and the surgery. Rest assured, I will let you know how it goes. Until next time, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment