Sunday, March 11, 2012

Still Tired

Given that I certainly didn't feel 100% yesterday I was quite surprised at how much I managed to do.  Unfortunately yesterday was the last day that my wife was here for about three weeks.  As I have said so before, one of the things that worries me the most is that we are leaving the kids alone for the first time in forever, so my wife went home to look after them.  Not to say the kids haven't enjoyed themselves.  I'm sure that Grandma has spoilt them rotten.

But as my wife left to return to Australia, I have had three very welcome visitors.  First an old friend from university who now lives in Washington DC managed to wrestle time away from her family to come and visit me in Chicago.  It is quite convenient for her too as her sister lives here.  Second, my parents have come to stay.  They will be here whilst I have to take the neupogen shots and will stay right up until harvesting.

However, it has meant I had a busy day yesterday.  After my wife and I had breakfast, I had a nap.  After the nap, Abigale, the sister of my friend from DC drove us all to the airport so I could drop my wife off and also pick up my friend from DC.  There was a little bit of a change over so we all had lunch together before we headed back to town, and you guessed it, I had another nap.  Once my parents turned up we all went out to dinner and I was staggered that I actually managed to make it all the way to 10.30 before I finally hit the wall.  I was in bed by 11.00pm and I managed a healthy 10 hours sleep which brings me to now.

This morning I actually feel great.  Mind you, I haven't got out of bed yet.  The only symptom I have really had post mobilisation has been tiredness though, but right now I do feel like I should get up and do something.  Oh yeah, one other symptom I had was just some very mild nausea, so I took some Zofran and felt much better afterwards.

Well, I did say my energy levels felt much better today and hopefully they will stay that way.  Thanks to everyone who has sent me messages of encouragement, it is great to know I have so many people in my corner.  Until next time, stay well:)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great Andy! On your way to wellness!
    Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue to rest and recover. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete