Saturday, July 10, 2010

Warringal Private

Out of all the hospitals I have visited, I have spent more time at Warringal Private than any other hospital. With four PCNL's and a handful of other smaller procedures done at this place I have an intimate knowledge of the place. It was fairly good too.

On first impressions the place seems quite small, but that is deceptive. The hospital stretches on for ever, and at the back is a place called Streeton ward, and I went here to settle in before every operation, always a big plus. I also liked the way they named the wards as it adds an element of character and comfort to the place.

When I first went to the OR I felt very much like I was in a rabbit warren as the corridors were very small and there was one very poky elevator ride, but the four OR's they had were well serviced by their pre, and post-op, and in this place, the heart of the hospital everything seemed clean and well run.

The wards were very comfortable too all the rooms (which were one or two bed rooms) looked out over a courtyard garden or a park. Out of all the hospitals I have been to this one is the most homely. There is even ward access to outside which is a rarity in most hospitals, some rooms even had access to the outside via sliding doors. Another plus was they had good TV entertainment.

As far as negatives go I only have two. First, the food was fairly ordinary. Second was experiential. After my last PCNL I had a complication and they had to transport me to another hospital. This is a big negative for me as I would expect a hospital that offered the service of that procedure to also be able to cope with any complications that may arise from it.

Anyway, off to the Austin I went which will be the subject of my next post. Until then, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment