Friday, July 16, 2010

Cotham Private Hospital

I'm all for space utilisation, but Cotham Private takes it to the next level. They seem to have crammed as much into as little space as possible. They have four operating theatres and only forty five beds.

I have now had three procedures here, and I was really only OK with it because they were minor operations (two lithotripsys and one stent removal). I would not go there for a larger procedure. If I had a larger procedure there I would be seriously worried, and they do them too. I just feel that if something went wrong it would take more than they had to fix it, so you would need an ambulance trip to another hospital.

So, when I got there I was sent to day surgery, which was really just a double room with curtains and four chairs so you could sit down and get changed. When my time came I was wheeled by bed to the OR where their pre-op was merely a spot in the corridor. The OR itself was fine, but when I woke up I felt like Harry Potter waking up in his cupboard. At least that is what post op felt like. The room only had room for three beds and the back wall was shelves full of medical supplies.

When I was done I was whisked back to the ward where I was put in a two person room and told I couldn't leave for two hours. The food was bad the nurses seemed grumpy and the TV's were old and only showed free to air TV.

On the good side for me, it is nice and convenient and they did lithotripsy under a general, but any procedure tougher than that I would be going elsewhere. Next time, it's off to have a look at Epworth Eastern. Until then, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment