Sunday, July 18, 2010

More surgery on the cards.

Yes, you read it right. By years end I will have probably had to have another surgery. Funnily enough you think I would be upset or worried or annoyed. Maybe even angry, but you would be wrong. I have in the past been through all those emotions, but not now. Quite simply I just don't care.

Now don't get me wrong. I do take it seriously, but it doesn't bother me at all. I came to the realisation a long time ago that surgery would be a part of my life for a long time to come and there is no use in letting it get the better of me. There is no fixed time in the future and the surgery I am having I know very well, so I think it is just a case of not worrying about it, getting on with my life and moving forward. I can deal with the surgery when the time comes.

So why do I need surgery? I have another kidney stone. Yesterday I went to see the urologist and as he flipped up the x-ray there it was. Very small, only about 4mm x 2mm, so the urologist decided not to do anything about it now. But it will grow and the trick is to treat it before it gets too big, and it requires more than one surgery. Really it is a game to keep the surgeries to a minimum.

For now, we will just watch this space and when the stone get too big we will operate. All I can say is thank heavens for flexible ureterascopes and holmium lasers. They make the surgery much easier. Next blog I will talk about Epworth Eastern Hospital, which interestingly enough is where I will have this surgery. Until then stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment