Saturday, November 26, 2011

RIP Granny

Last week was an amazingly turbulent and emotional week for me.  I had the wonderful news of the birth of my first nephew and this morning I received the sad news of my grandmothers passing.

Although very sad.  It is not tragic.  Never more than this week I have been reminded of the circle of life.  We're born, we live, we die.  On one hand my nephew has just embarked on the journey of life, and right now he has no idea of the amazing voyage he is about to embark.  On the other hand the final chapter has closed in the story of my grandmother.

And what an amazing story it was.  She was such a lovely person and she would have touched so many people in a positive way.  As a child she was always there too cuddle me when I was sad, laugh with me when I was happy, nurse me when I was sick and discipline me when I was naughty.  Her love was unconditional, her sincerity genuine and her example flawless.

And although she is now gone, her legacy of five children, seven grandchildren and twelve great grandchildren still live on, and she will live on in our hearts and memories for many years to come.

You leave the world a better place for having been here.  Rest in peace granny.  I love you.

4 comments:

  1. my condolences Andy. I'm gald you have good memories of her.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this Andy; my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andrew - that was a lovely tribute and we will read it out at Granny's memorial service. Lots of love Mum xx

    ReplyDelete