Monday, November 28, 2011

Good News!

Hear ye! Hear ye.  Come one come all, gather round, I have some good news to share!  After getting the medical ring around from the medical fraternity I have finally got all the information required to send something of substance to Chicago for evaluation.

I went and saw my GP and he gave me the last two letters of correspondence from my neurologist, my last two nerve conduction studies and the full summary of my medical history.  It was a huge relief as knowing the medical system here if I had followed procedure I would not have been in a comfortable position to send everything across to Chicago until May.

I can feel you asking, "Shouldn't you just have done that in the first place?"  Well, call me old fashioned, but I would have preferred to do this with a referral from my neurologist, that way upon return, the management of my care would have been much more seamless.  However, I have to do what I believe is best for me. And that means doing what it takes to be evaluated for the trial in Chicago.

Just for the record, if she didn't believe my CIDP was bad enough for the trial, why did she write"there is still evidence of a severe demyelinating polyneuropathy"?  Food for thought anyway.  Until next time, stay well:)

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is wonderful news! Congratulations! Maybe we will get to see each other some day in our efforts for this battle! Best to you, Andy!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete