Thursday, November 10, 2011

More funny!

Who says sick people don't have a sense of humour.  The humour here is rather dark but funny none the less.  Chronic kidney stone sufferers are often labeled as drug seekers even though they are simply in pain. Some for months at a time.  I guess this cartoon (which I took of a cystinuria forum) parodies that.


When I lived in Sydney I had a really bad stone that landed me in emergency.  I was at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney, which is right next door to Kings Cross, the drug capitol of Australia.  As you could imagine, they have their fair share of bona fide drug seekers, so what they do is they make you wait an hour.  If you are still there after this time, you are probably legitimate, which is no fun if you fall into this category.  I hope you enjoy the cartoon.  Stay well:)



No comments:

Post a Comment