Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nearly All Over

Well, I am seriously exhausted now. The last three weeks have really taken it out of me and I am glad that it is nearly all over. There is not much to tell about yesterday as the procedure was done under general anaesthetic. Unfortunately for me the anaesthetist I had last time, Nikki Tan was not available, and the guy that did yesterdays op had five goes at putting in the IV. However, if that is the worst that will happen, I'll take it.

On the good side I got rid of the staples in the top of my head, but unfortunately I got a bunch of new ones for the guide wire insertion, and a few stitches where the battery went. Surprisingly there is almost no pain. When I woke up in recovery I had a bunch of morphine which seemed to do the trick and since then I have been able to control it with panadol.

Anyway, aside from being seriously exhausted I am also seriously excited. The hard part is done, and now the fun begins. I am really looking forward to the first couple of weeks with my tremor in check. I don't know exactly what I am going to do, I think I will feel a little bit like a kid in a candy store. I let you know what I do when I've done it. Anyway, I think it is time for my morning nap, so good night everyone and I'll write to you all again later. Stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment