Monday, June 28, 2010

Onwards and Upwards

Well, a lot has happened in the last week. I have had six doctors appointments in the last seven days all of which have been noteworthy in their own right, so I'll probably talk about them over a couple of posts. Apologies for not talking about the hospitals for now as promised, but this is interesting. So what are the six doctors appointments?

Well, there was the GP, then the nephrologist, the physio, the occupational therapist, the neurologist and finally the neuro surgeon. So where do I start. In no particular order I will start with the GP. After years of resisting the temptation to get a disabled parking permit (which I have been eligible because of my CIDP for 10 years) I decided that now was the time.

I do think that it is a really contentious issue this. Ten years ago I could have got one but did I need it and the answer was definitely no. I went another ten years without and I didn't miss or need it. However, now I feel there are times where I do need it. For example, when I have the kids in the car. They can be quick and out on the road before I have time to do anything because they are faster than me. If I am in a disabled spot their destination is closer and they are much less likely to run on the road.

It really comes down to the individual to use their common sense when they should and shouldn't use it. Rest assured I will only use it when I think necessary as it is not a privilege to be abused.

I also went to see the nephrologist. This won't take long. The visit was standard. My tests were normal and he didn't change my kidney pills. So I'll see him in another six months.

Next time I'll talk about my other visits. Until then, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment