Monday, June 21, 2010

Royal North Shore Private Hospital

After my experiences at the SAH I thought all hospitals in Sydney were rubbish. Luckily, Royal North Shore Private proved me wrong. Unfortunately the longest I ever stayed in this hospital was one night with longer surgeries I always went to the SAH.

The first thing that struck me about this hospital was the fact it was warm and comforting and really didn't feel that clinical at all. Each time I went there (which was about three times in total) I was processed through day surgery. I generally disagree with the policy of putting patients into day surgery first, but here it seemed better.

Each day surgery cubicle had solid wall partitions and a TV. Another welcome change was the external windows. It is amazing what a little natural light can do for your well being. Still, if I am going to be in hospital overnight I prefer to go to the ward first.

From what I remember as well, the OR's seemed nice and clean and all the staff were friendly too. Everything also seemed nice and close, so it was easy to familiarise ones self with the hospital. Feelings of unfamiliarity are common in hospitals and very unwelcoming, to have these addressed is a big step.

Lastly, the wards were all single bed and spacious, there was good entertainment, and the food was good too. Overall, a good hospital experience. Next time I will move south of the border and review Warringal Private in Victoria. Until then, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment