Wednesday, January 25, 2012

3rd Last

3rd last what?  If it was a race of some description I would be jumping from the rafters, because 3rd last is not last.  The last time I was in a proper race was a swim, and alas, that time I came dead last.  But forgive me.  I digress, I'm not here to lament about years gone by.  Back to the subject, 3rd last.

Hopefully, all being well I will have had my 3rd last IVIG infusion EVER.  Fellow CIDPers would understand that IVIG infusions suck, so please understand my excitement at only having two more to go.  But it wasn't my best infusion day.  In fact, far from it.  After telling people exactly how I cope with my infusion day in a previous post titled My Monthly Dose of Boring, I went and did exactly the opposite.

My day started when I woke up at 8.15am.  Oops, only 45 minutes to go until I was due at the hospital.  So skip exercise, skip breakfast, quick shower and straight to the hospital.  Miraculously I made it on time, but my preparation was far less than perfect, but I did think that would be the end of it, but I was wrong.

I got to day oncology, got myself set up and then found I'd forgotten my head phones.  Understandably, I can't watch any DVD's on my computer without them because it is disrupting to the other patients.  The hospital could provide a pair, but it took two hours to get them.  Angry Birds and Pet Shop Story got a work out on my ipad, but I was looking forward to watching the movies I downloaded, but I had to wait.

So I will chalk today's IVIG up to an example of what not to do.  But I must not lose sight of what's important.  It was my 3rd last IVIG.  Next time it will be the day before I go to Chicago.  Next time I will do it better.  Stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment