Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Where to from here?

I just got a message asking me if I was going to be OK and what am I going to do?  Well, I have to say that I'm still a little angry.  Especially when I read that the first SCT was done on a non-cancer patient in 1968, and it has taken them over 30 years to look at doing this for auto-immune diseases.  So why so long?  There is no money in the cured, but there is in the living sick.  If the research had been pioneered twenty years ago, we might already be done with the trials and moved on to a working treatment by now.

Anyway, I digress and I sound really bitter.  But I will be OK, and where to from here?  Well first I will employ what I call the Tiger Woods ten steps technique.  No, get your mind out the gutter.  I'm not referring to his sex addiction.   The late Earl Woods told Tiger that if he played a bad shot he was allowed to be angry for ten steps.  After then he had to get it back together and focus on his next shot.

For me, it is OK for me to be upset.  But I'll give myself until the end of the day to be like then, and tomorrow I'll refocus and reengage.  As for tomorrow?  Well, I haven't been told no.  This is more of a speed bump.  And what could I expect really?  A ticket to Chicago and an all expenses stay at North Western hospital?  Not quite.

So tomorrow, my first steps will be to contact North Western and let them know the state of play and then go and see my GP for a referral to the new neurologist so I can get in before Christmas. Aside from that I will keep reminding myself I am strong, I am resilient and I will find a way.  Until next time, stay well:)

2 comments:

  1. That's the spirit!! I understand frustration, and am happy for your go-get 'em attitude! Get on with the application and go on from there!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy, it's really nice to know I have your support. I look forward to conversing with you on the CIDP forum.

    Ps. How did you go with Alice?

    ReplyDelete