Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stuff that works Part 4

All the "stuff" that I have shown you so far has been categorised by where it lives in the house. These items are more miscellaneous and OK, I am showing off a little too, but they work all the same.

The first things I will show you are my walking sticks. The one on the left folds up, which makes it ideal for travelling. The one on the right (my preferred one) has a squash grip wrapped around the handle which I got from sports shop. It also has a clip just below the handle so it can be hung on a table or bench.


Next is a key turner. I would imagine I am not the only one who finds keys fiddly. The key turner holds the key in a large handle making it easier to use.


OK, now I'm showing off a bit. My iPad and iPhone. These to me are much easier than the old button phone or a diary for me, and also allows me to keep up with technology.


The last item is one of my favorites. I never would have thought of it by myself and it is great. It is called a button hook. You thread it through the button hole and over the button, then pull the button through the whole. With numb, shaky fingers, almost the only way to do up my buttons was to ask my wife to do it. Now, once again, my whole wardrobe is available to me independently.

In my next blog, I will tell you how to go about finding these sorts of things for yourself and also introduce you to an exciting idea of mine! Until then, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment