Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stuff that works Part 3

In the kitchen there are so many aids it's not funny, so I have put the ones in here that I use, and hopefully it will give you an idea of what is available.

First, I have my knife blocks. They are very similar, but have two important differences. The left block with wooden handles is weighted. The heavy knives help to stabilise my tremor. The right block has grippy handles which make other tasks easier.


Below is a bread knife with a curved handle which makes it easier to cut right to the bottom. Manufacturers sell knives with lots of different shaped handles to make it easier for the user.

My next picture is of my block. It has rubber feet to keep it steady, and a vice like attachment to hold the food in place.


Lastly, this rather bad picture is of an egg breaker. I love eggs, and one of the most annoying things is not being able to break an egg. Until recently if I were to prepare my own eggs, scrambled was the only option. This device allows me to reassess my options.

These are but a few of the many kitchen aids that are out there. Next time I will finish my stuff that works segment with more miscellaneous items. Until then, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment