Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thank You

Many people have sent me their congratulations about the treatment that I received in Chicago and also told me how strong and tenacious I've been.  Personally I appreciate the accolades but I don't see it.  I feel I have just done what I had to do to beat my disease.  Because, let's face it, it's much easier to live without a disease than with it.  So that being said maybe I took the easier option?

Anyway, whatever you want to call it, the truth is I could not have done it alone.  So I have decided to give everyone who helped a long overdue thank you.  There are many people so the question is where do I start?  I will also apologise now if I forget anyone.  So here goes.....

First, my medical team here in Australia that assisted me in getting everything ready to take to Chicago. There was a lot of preparatory work to do and I could not have done it all by myself.

My friends and family here in Australia who supported me before I left and helped keep my affairs in order and look after the kids while I was away.  Especially the in-laws.

To all my friends in Chicago and the US (both old and new) who made my trip not just a little less lonely, but a lot less lonely.

The medical team in Chicago.  From doctor Burt all the way down to the PCP's on the 19th floor.  The care was fantastic.

To all my online friends that have wished me well and followed my blog, I have to say I have gained a world of strength knowing I have had so many in my corner.

Bob, Wendy and Cory who went through the process at the same time I did.  Although I would not wish CIDP on anyone or see them need a stem cell transplant, it is nice to know you're not alone.

To my parents, without who's financial assistance none of this would have been possible.

My mother, who also spent a good deal of time with me whilst I was in hospital.

Lastly to my wife who also spent a good deal of time with me in Chicago and also put up with me during my recovery.

Stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment