Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Top ten of 2012

Last year about the same time I did a top ten of my favourite posts of 2011.  This year I thought I'd do the same.  There is no real criteria for why or which ones.  Some I just liked the way it sounded, it was important to me or just really popular.  I posted to shakes and stones 194 times in 2012 and this was a great way to review all of them.

10. Webster Pack

I don't know why but this post was the most looked at post of 2012.  Why?  I don't know, but with over 840 views there must be something about it.

9. Hats off to you Cory Smallegan

Great singer and a great bloke.  Although we did not spend that much time in each others company, having our transplants on the same day, I feel, gave us a bond that was extremely unique.

8. Prophecy Coming True?

Personal vindication that I am not full of ****.  I feel that through shared knowledge and research we will make huge steps forward in the next few years when it comes to medicine.  This is just the tipof the iceberg.


7. It Makes My Blood Boil

The treatment of patients is very important to me.  If people need treatment they should get it.  This is not the dark ages and we are not barbarians.  Although sometimes the people we choose to be the guardians of our health make me question that.


6. Day +7

A really embarrassing day for me.  And I'm glad I could overcome my embarrassment to show you again.  I think this is the one post that really gives you a good insight in to how hard it can be when right in the middle of it.

5. Choices

Again this one effected me.  As if it isn't hard enough being sick, not having the support of your family would make it even harder.  Realistically if your nearest and dearest are going to have a strong opinion on a patients choices they should take the time to get informed.


4. A Surprising Consultation

This one actually makes me feel guilty.  At the time I felt my neurologist was completely against the idea of HSCT.  This wasn't really the truth.  I was just charging at it at 100 MPH and she was really watching out for the oncoming traffic.  In my own defence I was probably way to emotionally involved to give an unbiased view of the situation.  Right now she is really supportive of my decision and what I have done.



3. Do No Harm?

This is just such a confusing issue and at the time I wrote it also an emotional one.  But I believe that the road ahead is sometimes dangerous and we can't always make the right decisions.  As long as the intentions in the long term is for the individuals benefit then it should go forward.


2. Transplant Day

What can I say.  It was the biggest day of 2012 for me and Bob said it best.


1. My HSCT Story

No surprises here.  After all the hard work pain and suffering, finally there was proof that what I had done worked!

Let me know what you think.  If you agree or not.....  Until next time, stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment