Monday, December 3, 2012

Relief at last

Well that is a little unfair.  I dealt with CIDP for over ten years and I'm finally getting relief from that.  I had carpal tunnel symptoms (post HSCT) for about ten weeks and "at last" I feel better.  But it is a patients right to be fickle and the biggest thorn in my side was the CTS.

Both surgeries went really well.  I was out of hospital both times by lunch time and two weeks after the surgery on my right hand (which I had done first) I have pretty much regained full use with the exception of a few weight bearing tasks.

On the downside it is the reason I have not been blogging much recently which is a problem I intend to rectify.  I have also been insanely busy as well, but this little episode has slowed down my progress here too.  I have to look at the bigger picture though.  When I am fully recovered from both hands I will be better off with everything.

Anyway, if you are curious about what it looked like this is a picture when I had the bandage taken off after five days on my right hand and again what it looks like now after eighteen days.  Oh, and a picture of the bandage on my left hand.





Until next time, stay well:)

1 comment: