Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Back to Hospital

Well, I have just got back from a wonderful two week break in the Gold Coast with the family which was great.  However, I know I am firmly back to reality as tomorrow I am back to hospital to have my kidney stone removed.

Now I just want to make a few points here.  First, this is nothing to do with the stem cell transplant I had last year.  This is a completely different disorder.  The HSCT process has been and continues to be a complete success.  Second, it is nothing to really be worried about as I am not.  My fellow cystinurics would know that unfortunately this is routine which is a good and bad thing.  Bad because it is routine. Good because I know exactly what to expect and I have come to fully accept it as part of life.

It has been so routine for me that I have gone about my everyday life in such a way that I have all but forgotten about it.  It is now almost 7.00pm and I still haven't packed yet.  I really am simply concerned about what I am going to eat for my final meal (as I am nil by mouth from midnight) and finishing this blog.

Now some may consider this a no no, but I do it anyway and that is tonight I'll stay up really late so tomorrow I am tired.  Why?  Well I am going to sleep because of the anaesthetic tomorrow anyway and I'll probably doze all afternoon.  If I sleep well tonight I'll be awake alight tomorrow night as the anaesthetic all but wears off.  That is really boring as there is little to do during the middle of the night in hospital.

Well, feel free to wish me luck.  I'll be posting in the next 48 hours to let you know how I went.  Stay well:)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Andrew, thanks for posting. I am new to the HSCT forum thru FB. I may not get help anywhere as I have had MS for almost 40- years & am EDSS almost 7.

    ReplyDelete