Friday, December 23, 2011

Bring It!!!!!!!!

The e-mail I received today regarding SCT.  Looks like I'm off to Chicago!


Hi Andrew,
I went over your test results and all looks ok.  Dr. Burt said to set you up to come for hopefully the transplant!
I will have Arlene Dr. Burt’s assistant schedule the rest of the tests, lab work and physician visits starting February 20th.  I will give you a final copy of the schedule and calendar when Arlene is finished.  She will be setting you up to see Dr. Burt, Dr. Allen(neurologist) and a transplant infectious disease doctor to be on board prior to transplant to help safely take you through without any infections to your DBS.
I do not think I ever go the report of your MRI of your brain and spine that you had done prior to the DBS.  Would you please send me that report.  Do you know the company of your DBS?  Or have their website?
The hotel that many of our patients stay in is called the Seneca hotel.  A contact person there is Mike Foster.  You can email him at XXXX
IVIG is very expensive but I am assuming you need to continue your IVIG as scheduled prior to transplant.  So I would plan for you to receive your IVIG the Friday before coming here 2/17 and then you will only need it 1 time hopefully while you are here in Chicago.  I will plan for your dose to be given to you on March 19th at the hospitals infusion center.  Do you know what brand you receive?  Any pre-medications?  Do you have a line or do you usually just have an IV placed? 
The medications that you will need as an outpatient during this process include:
Ciproflaxicin 500mg BID #14
Diflucan 200mg BID #14
Zofran 8mg #20 you will take these if you are nauseous. 
Norco 5/325 tabs #20 you will take these if you are having pain
Neupogen is based on your weight so if you can tell me how much you weigh, I will give you the dose.  This medication is very expensive, so it will be important to bring with you. 
So if you can bring any with you it will most definitely save you money. 

OK, I will follow up next week. 
Happy Holidays!!!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo!! for you too! Did you ask for the free housing? I know we have to ask for it. Otherwise, it's pretty expensive, out-of-pocket. Does your countries insurance pay for anything more than the transplant? Like, air travel, hotel, meds or is that all o-o-p?
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete