Saturday, July 24, 2010

St Vincent's Private Hospital

Well, here is my last hospital review. St Vincent's Private Hospital. And it is good to end on a good note. SVPH is the last hospital that I have visited and where I had both of my brain surgeries. It is also the best hospital I have visited.

Both times I went to the ward before surgery. Tick. The OR's, pre op and post op were all great. Tick. Wards were nice. Tick. The food was brilliant. Tick. The nurses without question were all great. Tick.

Yes, as far as hospital goes this was great, but still not perfect. The ward was on the fifth floor and outside was the street, so I couldn't just get outside for nice easy walk. At Warringal Private the gardens were small, but to be able to go outside and get some fresh air in a pleasant environment which was always a welcome escape from hospital life.

It wasn't easy to get outside at SVPH let alone in a pleasant environment. However, there was a coffee shop down stairs which did provide some escapism. It does sound like I am picking on the little things a bit, and it would be impossible for SVPH to do anything about this specifically, but they could find other ways for patients to feel more comfortable.

Next time I will review all the hospitals in a recap and attempt to give some pointers to you on what one should look for when selecting a hospital. Until then, Stay well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment